Summary: The CWGA Club Rep is the vital link between CWGA and the member clubs. This role is key in growing the CWGA membership and sustaining an exciting and challenging tournament schedule.
Qualifications: Be a strong supporter and advocate of CWGA. Attend the Reps Meeting in the Spring and the Annual meeting in the Fall. Send an alternate when unable to attend.
Responsibilities: The Club Rep is responsible for communicating and coordinating with their club’s members and staff regarding current and future events.
Past President’s Team Cup Matches
- Identify Team Captain for Team Cup matches (often times, but not required, the Club Rep is also the team captain).
- Work with Team Captain and Past President’s Team Coordinator to identify and secure dates for team matches.
- Each member course shall make their course available at least every four-years for a CWGA event.
- Work with Site Planner to schedule one-day or major tournament event at your course.
- Work with Site Planner to provide pricing for one-day or major tournament event at your course.
- Work with One-day Coordinator or Major Tournament Chair to plan and implement details for a scheduled event. Details include: number of players, menu, carts, pricing, tee-time(s), registration table, scoring area, etc.
- Act as a liaison between one-day/major tournament coordinators and club manager and golf pro.
- Coordinate with the Pro/Greens Superintendent to be certain that the golf course is clearly marked for penalty areas and Out of Bounds.
- If needed, have hole numbers and directions to the next hole available.
- If necessary, ask for volunteers to act as on-course spotters during events.
- Post schedules of upcoming CWGA events to encourage participation from your members.
- Monitor current membership and encourage annual renewal to CWGA.
- Encourage participation in CWGA events with personal communications.
- Invite eligible members to join CWGA by reviewing your club’s roster for potential new members who have an index of 25.0 or lower.
- Share CWGA information by directing current and potential new members to this website for further information, including the “Join Us” page Join us.
- Communicate changes to CWGA membership via email, email@example.com
- Review CWGA roster for eligibility and accuracy as needed. Request via firstname.lastname@example.org