VIRTUAL BEST-BALL TOURNAMENT - May 26th
CWGA will hold its first ever virtual tournament on Tuesday, May 26th. Find a partner and play golf on the 26th. For more details and to sign up click here.
CWGA CHAMPIONSHIP - Rescheduled to August 3&4, still at CC of Farmington
CLUB REPS - MESSAGE FROM DEB PALMER, CLUB REPS COORDINATOR
We find ourselves in a time of great challenge given the Covid-19 pandemic. We recently heard from our President, Sara Papa, that a prudent decision was made to cancel all CWGA events through June 30th. This includes the Club Reps event at Old Lyme CC scheduled on May 6.
We sincerely thank all our “allies" involved at Old Lyme CC for their support to include CWGA Rep Helene Nichols, Club Professional Rob Barbeau and the Banquet team. Additionally, we thank our guest speaker, Steve Basson of CSGA.
Definitely, a bright light in this storm is the cadre of Club Reps across the state who keep our association strong. Your commitment is greatly appreciated. During this “downtime” I encourage you to “safely” connect with the members of your club.
Here are a few ideas:
- Continue to strengthen our organization:
- Reach out to those who have not yet renewed their membership
- Post a note/email about the new index entry requirement (25)
- Send our website to eligible or “nearly" eligible women to share who we are
- Stimulate interest in the Fall Past Presidents Cup matches - always great team golf
- Encourage members to register now for events starting in July
As the season progresses, the Board will stay in touch with our members. What is most important now is to take care of family and friends and help those we can through these demanding times.
We look forward to seeing you all later in the summer!
Club Rep Coordinator
2020 TOURNAMENT UPDATE
Sara Papa, CWGA President, announced on Wednesday, April 9th that the CWGA Executive Committee had voted to cancel all tournaments scheduled through the end of June, with the exception of the Championship, where CWGA is working with CC of Farmington to see if it can be postponed to a later date. Anyone who has already signed up for any of these tournaments will be issued a full refund.
2020 MEMBERSHIP HANDBOOK
The 2020 Membership handbook has been mailed to members who renewed their membership by March 1st and requested the hard copy. This handbook is also available to members on the website here once you login. Follow this link to login and view.
TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION OPEN!
Registration opened up March 1st so members can now sign up for tournaments.
UPDATED GOLF GENIUS TOURNAMENT SITE
We've updated our Golf Genius ("GG") site to make it easier for members (new and old) to access the various functions at GG. Here users can:
Bookmark this link
- Renew membership or join CWGA
- Update their GG profile so that we have current contact information
- Access the Tournament Schedule to sign up, and view tournament information and results
- Donate to the Priscilla Maxwell Endicott Scholarship Fund