Welcome to CWGA
The Connecticut Women's Golf Association is a voluntary not-for-profit organization founded in 1919. CWGA provides competitive golfing opportunities for its members, promotes understanding of the rules of golf and encourages female junior golfers statewide.
CWGA now comprises 61 member clubs with a membership of about 500 women. Club membership in this Association is limited to private golf clubs in the State of Connecticut.
2016 Annual Meeting
March 1 through April 15
Annual dues are now $70 and include a $10 late fee, in addition to the $15 donation to the Priscilla Maxwell Endicott Scholarship Fund. (Yes, you can still renew online after Feb. 28th - this is a new option this year!)
The tournament schedule is open and you can register for many of our tournaments now. Here are some highlights:
Online (quicker and more efficient) - click this button to get started: Renew Online Now
By Mail (slower and not preferred) - click the following link to get a form to mail in: renewal form
The PME/CWGA Scholarship Fund for girls was established in 1977 following a generous endowment by Priscilla Maxwell Endicott. It is to be used for scholarships to undergraduates for a maximum of four years at the college of their choice and will be awarded to any Connecticut girl regardless of race, color, creed or club affiliation. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of participation in golf programs, academic performance and financial need. The PME/CWGA Scholarship Committee conducts personal interviews with finalists.
Applications are being accepted until April 13th. Click here for an application and instructions.
We welcome Great River Golf Club in Milford to our great group of member clubs. Great River is a Tommy Fazio designed golf course built along the banks of the Housatonic River. We have a 2 Best Balls of 4, by Draw tournament scheduled to take place there on July 25th. More details to come.
Click here to see the 2016 yearbook.
- No contestant in a CWGA sponsored event will be allowed to play if she is wearing garments known as halters and shorts.
- Unless otherwise specified, only Class A players may tee off before ten o'clock.
- Merchandise certificates in the amount of seven dollars will be awarded the low gross and low net winner in each class for all Open Day events. (Maybe we haven't come that far in this category - $7 in 1948 would be equivalent to $70.21 in 2016.)
- Handicaps will be based on a player's five best scores of the past two years. No more than three scores may be from the same course.
- Except when otherwise specified... players may reserve starting times one week in advance only. Oral requests will be taken by the Executive Secretary at one tournament, for the next. ...No telephoning unless it is absolutely necessary, please. (This last sentence was all in caps in the brochure!)
Local Rule for Accidental Movement of a Ball on the Putting Green
From the USGA website: "Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1 are modified as follows: When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1. This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental."More information...
Click on the image to the left to read the latest edition of the Nutmeg Golfer!
The 2016 edition of the membership handbook is available online now in the Members Only section (you must login to view it). The hard copy version has been mailed to all members who renewed their membership in a timely manner.
2016 CWGA Yearbook
The 2016 CWGA Yearbook on Shutterfly is available.
See photos from CWGA tournaments and other 2016 events.
Click on image at left to view this and prior year yearbooks.
Nancy Lopez Message to CWGA Members
Click on Nancy's picture to see a message from her to CWGA members.
(best viewed using a browser other than Firefox)
Available for Members Only