Welcome to CWGA
The Connecticut Women's Golf Association is a voluntary not-for-profit organization founded in 1919. CWGA provides competitive golfing opportunities for its members, promotes understanding of the rules of golf and encourages female junior golfers statewide.
CWGA now comprises 61 member clubs with a membership of about 500 women. Club membership in this Association is limited to private golf clubs in the State of Connecticut.
2016 Annual Meeting
We encourage each and every one of our club reps to attend this meeting. An optional 9-Hole golf tournament will precede the 11:30 working lunch meeting. To find out more about this event you need to log in first.
We welcome Great River Golf Club in Milford to our great group of member clubs. Great River is a Tommy Fazio designed golf course built along the banks of the Housatonic River. We have a 2 Best Balls of 4, by Draw tournament scheduled to take place there on July 25th. More details to come.
- No contestant in a CWGA sponsored event will be allowed to play if she is wearing garments known as halters and shorts.
- Unless otherwise specified, only Class A players may tee off before ten o'clock.
- Merchandise certificates in the amount of seven dollars will be awarded the low gross and low net winner in each class for all Open Day events. (Maybe we haven't come that far in this category - $7 in 1948 would be equivalent to $70.21 in 2016.)
- Handicaps will be based on a player's five best scores of the past two years. No more than three scores may be from the same course.
- Except when otherwise specified... players may reserve starting times one week in advance only. Oral requests will be taken by the Executive Secretary at one tournament, for the next. ...No telephoning unless it is absolutely necessary, please. (This last sentence was all in caps in the brochure!)
Local Rule for Accidental Movement of a Ball on the Putting Green
From the USGA website: "Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1 are modified as follows: When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1. This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental."More information...
2017 Membership Handbook (members only)
The 2017 edition of the membership handbook is available online now in the Members Only section (you must login to view it). The hard copy version has been mailed to all members who renewed their membership in a timely manner.
2016 CWGA Yearbook
The 2016 CWGA Yearbook on Shutterfly is available.
See photos from CWGA tournaments and other 2016 events.
Click on image at left to view this and prior year yearbooks.
Nancy Lopez Message to CWGA Members
Click on Nancy's picture to see a message from her to CWGA members.
(best viewed using a browser other than Firefox)
Invitationals & Charity Tournaments
Available for Members Only