We find ourselves in a time of great challenge given the Covid-19 pandemic. We recently heard from our President, Sara Papa, that a prudent decision was made to cancel all CWGA events through June 30th. This includes the Club Reps event at Old Lyme CC scheduled on May 6.
We sincerely thank all our “allies" involved at Old Lyme CC for their support to include CWGA Rep Helene Nichols, Club Professional Rob Barbeau and the Banquet team. Additionally, we thank our guest speaker, Steve Basson of CSGA.
Definitely, a bright light in this storm is the cadre of Club Reps across the state who keep our association strong. Your commitment is greatly appreciated. During this “downtime” I encourage you to “safely” connect with the members of your club.
Here are a few ideas:
- Continue to strengthen our organization:
- Reach out to those who have not yet renewed their membership
- Post a note/email about the new index entry requirement (25)
- Send our website to eligible or “nearly" eligible women to share who we are
- Stimulate interest in the Fall Past Presidents Cup matches - always great team golf
- Encourage members to register now for events starting in July
As the season progresses, the Board will stay in touch with our members. What is most important now is to take care of family and friends and help those we can through these demanding times.
We look forward to seeing you all later in the summer!
Club Rep Coordinator